Wednesday, October 6, 2010

And to all a good day!

Well hello there everyone!

There really isn't a specific reason for this post... it's just an update. Let's see, what did I tell you last....

I know! I told you about our hike up the Saleve. Well, since then, there hasn't been as much excitement. We've been attending our classes, relaxing, visiting places, and the like. Last week sometime the school offered us transportation into Geneva. They dropped us off by the Carouge metro station (Geneva). We had a good time in town up until the end when only one van came instead of the two that had dropped us off. Of course some of us didn't fit in and we were told that there was another one on its way. And so we waited... and waited... and waited... and waited. In the end we waited for a little bit over an hour. Finally, we decided that the van wasn't coming and we'd have to walk over to the bus stop so that we could catch a bus to the border and then walk up to Campus Adventiste du Saleve. Standing on the bus, Bianca looked up and noticed a van driving along behind us that looked a lot like the school's van. She quickly motioned to JP, who was sitting in the back of the bus, and he checked to see who it was. Less than thirty seconds later, the bus came to a stop and we hustled out the door and into what was indeed the school van. Once we were all in the van and on our way again, the dean explained that she had no idea what happened to our transportation but she had noticed that we weren't in the caf so she had them hold some food for us and jumped into a van to come find us. Fortunately she had seen JP on the bus and turned around to follow the bus until we noticed her.

That's the most exciting thing that has happened since the hike. We've had relatively good weather for the past few weeks. Last week was really cold, and they don't turn on the heat here until October first so we would all arrive at class bundled up and huddle in our chairs. Ok, it really wasn't that cold, but we were a bit chilly. Ironically they day they turned on the head was the day it got warmer. Since then its been somewhat warmer. I wouldn't call it warm, but it hasn't been too bad.

Other than those things it's been pretty calm and collected. We go to classes in the morning and then do things that need to be done in the afternoon. I've been spending a lot of my time planning my trip to Italy and Spain during October break. I'll be traveling to Venice and Rome with Joanne and Ellis, and then from there I'll go on to Ibiza, Spain and then Barcelona with Ellis. We've finally confirmed our reservations for all our flights and hotels/hostels and we seem to have everything in order for that trip. Now I'm on to planning a trip to Greece during November break. I also might take a short weekend trip to one or two of several places. In the running right now is Zurich, Germany, and England. We'll see how it goes!
And of course I'll be sure to give you all an update.

Ciao!
-E

Our group waiting for the van to arrive.
Ellis, JP, Allegra, Bianca, and Joanne


No comments:

Post a Comment