Er.... Yesterday we climbed the Saleve. These days I'm getting so mixed up with my languages. But anyway... Yesterday we had a school field trip up the Saleve - and by school I mean everyone, the primary school, high school, I.fle, and Theology students. It was kind of like beach day mixed with track and field day - only it was on a mountain. We all met on the basketball courts and then started off on our trek up the mountain. In the beginning I was near the back of the pack but as we got further and further up the mountain we kept passing people who had stopped to rest. It was like we were weeding out the weak. When we arrived at the top I was somewhere near the middle of the group. We spent the next few hours relaxing, playing games, and talking on the top of the mountain. There were games of football (soccer), handball, volleyball, badminton, and even some gymnastics. I did some gymnastics and just hung out. Our food arrived shortly after noon and we all sat around with our scrumptious lunch. After a while the I.fle started to dribble back down the mountain. Since we weren't required to stay with the class or anything, we left when we wanted to. I left with Danae, Olan, and Lyol (You'll see pictures). Lyol slept most of the way down, since he's only a year old and was lucky enough to be carried in a backpack, while the rest of us tried not to trip and slide. There's some breath-taking views from the trail. We got to appreciate them on the way down since we weren't with a whole pack of people trundling up the mountain (and probably also because we were walking downhill instead of up).
When we got to the bottom, we stopped to watch some cows munch on grass and watch the parapointers drift down from the cliffs at the top of the mountains. We did some exploring on the roads behind the college and then thankfully arrived back at the dorm with enough time to shower and relax before supper.
Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures so you'll just have to imagine what it looked like...
just kidding.
You know me. I always take pictures. :D
Enjoy!
-E
Danae & Lyol getting ready for the hike.
Olan & Lyol hiking away!
Up the mountain we go!
Bridge into a tunnel/cave.
Going through the tunnel/cave.
So tired!
Signs at the top of the mountain.
The view from the top.
Having a snack at the top.
The field at the top.
Gymnastics on the mountain.
Lyol investigates my camera case.
Fun and games!
My shoe.
The early stages of a Badminton pro.
Portrait.
Badminton Still Life
The Cliffs on the way back down.
The view from the end of the trail.
Going down through the tunnel/cave.
Campus Adventist du Saleve - from the mountain.
Les Horizons: the boy's dorm
Pavillon: the high school
Ecole Maternelle et Primaire: the primary/elementary School
La Faculte/AULA: the theology/I.fle building
Bibliotheque: the library
L'Eglise: the church
Gymnase: the gym
Central: the ad building
Cafeteria: the caf
Appts: apartments for married students
La Clairiere: the girl's dorm
(the b-ball court is below Les Horizons)
Geneva from the mountain.
Cows and the Mountain.
Parapointers.
Lyol.
Flowers outside La Clairiere.
The joys of a Tennis Ball.

















Love the shirt you wore up the mountain! :D Represent!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to see that you're enjoying life in France. :D
C'est magnifique! How does your head not explode with all that beauty surrounding you?
ReplyDelete