 |
| Reading my homework on the Kindle |
Hello Everyone!
It's taken me awhile to get to writing this blog but here it is now!
Lets see, where did we leave off... hm... Friday, I think.
Friday was awesome. Taylor and I spent the day on the beach where we (and by we, I mean I) did some homework reading, splashed around in the pool and generally just sat around.
Sabbath dawned bright and early and found William, Tim and I off to town to rent scooters. After a successful time bartering, we drove the three newly rented scooters back to the hotel where we picked up our passengers - Kelly, Brianna, and Taylor. And then we were off! But wait... oh shoot. Some dummy locked the key in the seat. Shoot, now what?
 |
| L to R - Andrew, Tim and Brianna, & Tim and Emily |
Well... Tim and Brianna drove back to town to get another key from the rental guy while Taylor and I sat on the sidewalk waiting for them to get back. While we were waiting, Andrew and the other Tim decided to also rent scooters so high-tailed it into town to get their own. Soon, the rental guy came and unlocked the scooter seat so that I could get my key out. Finally, we were off! Taylor hopped on the back and off we drove. We found a little beach about five minutes down the road and waded around in the water for a while before heading back to the hotel for lunch and Church. After church the lot of us - William, Kelly, Tim, Brianna, other Tim, Emily, Taylor and I - drove off on our scooters to tour around the Island. We stopped frequently when we saw something interesting on the way to the other side of the island. After about an hour we found ourself on the other side of the island which has much better beaches (but the SCUBA diving isn't as great because of the strong currents). We stopped at a beach about 45 minutes before sundown and spent some time playing on the beach before having a short vespers and driving back around the north side of the island to the town. We stopped and browsed through town a bit before filling up the gas tank (it cost me $2 - which made me incredibly happy) and heading back to the hotel.
 |
| Playing on the Dive Dock |
For supper Taylor and I met Lisha and Alicia for supper at the 'fancy' restaurant in the hotel. We were not very impressed with the restaurant. But at least my pasta was good. The food came in such small quantities that Lisha, Alicia and I, after leaving the restaurant, went straight to the buffet for more food. Worship was at 9pm before we (sadly) went to bed.
The next morning we were to leave the hotel at 8am for our 10:30 flight to O'hare. Our uneventful flight landed in Chicago at 4:30pm (Berrien Springs time) where we promptly decided that it was incredibly cold back in the states - it was 60 something degrees.
Sadly, we were back on campus where the realities of homework and responsibilities came back in full force (one of the reasons why I haven't gotten around to writing this until now).
 |
| Taylor Playing in the Pool |
 |
| Walking along the dock |
 |
| Cool in-pool bar |
 |
| Beach :) |
 |
| BCDs - Buoyancy Compensation Devices for SCUBA |
 |
| Friday Night Sunset |
 |
| Scootering! |
 |
| Cool place we found on our scooter ride |
 |
| Boys, being boys |
 |
| Clockwise from guy in yellow shirt - Tim, John (our dive instructor), William, girl who's name I forget, Me, Kelly, Andrew Maclean, Shandra (another dive instructor, John's girlfriend), and Brianna after our Sabbath evening meal. |
 |
| Ocean <3 |
More pictures at: https://picasaweb.google.com/109738642903282019673/CozumelMexico?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCJvt7YPKqPDzzAE&feat=directlink
No comments:
Post a Comment