Wednesday, September 16, 2009
God's Opinion
While reading my textbook for my God and Human Life class I came upon an interesting insight. It was talking about how we make decisions and how to know what God's will is. The book pointed out that God often times has a definite will for our lives and He points out the path that He wants us to take, but then it goes on to say that there are also times when God does not have an opinion. He does not favor either side of the decision that we are making. For instance, when we are choosing a major in College, God may like either choice that we make equally. Therefore, God leaves the decision up to us. God gives us guidance and encouragement through the Bible and the people close to us and around us but in the end some decisions are ultimately ours to make.
Labels:
Ponderings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
An interesting perspective - does the author suggest how we might know when God has an opinion and when it's up to us to figure it out?
ReplyDeleteA. Shelley
I don't remember exactly what they said off the top of my head but I think the idea was that when it is a moral issue then God has a definite opinion and He tells us what that opinion is but when it's a decision that is not moral, such as choosing a major or selecting a favorite color etc., then God leaves the decision up to us.
ReplyDeleteI'll look it up again when I'm near the book but I think that's what it was.
-Erica