Thursday, September 16, 2010

More about Collonges

Hello All!
I started classes today. It wasn't too bad. Our teacher teaches in French. You'd think it'd be impossible to understand her but it wasn't all that bad. If you didn't understand she would just explain it a different way and we could figure it out. I'm taking a whole bunch of intermediate french classes. Technically it's five different classes but they're all kinda rolled into one big class. We have the same teacher for all of our intermediate french classes. The five classes are: Francais Intermediaire, Expression Ecrite, Orthographe et Grammaire, Comprehension Ecrite, and Comprehension et Expression Orales (for those that didn't understand that's: intermediate french, written expression, grammar and spelling, writen comprehension, and Oral comprehension and spelling). I'm also taking at elective called Art et Monuments Francais (French Arts and Monuments). In October we're taking a tour to Touraine and Paris and we'll be studying the places we'll visit in that class. It's been really interesting (for the one class I've gone to). We're going to have to write a paper about one of the sites we'll visit (something I love to do anyway :D) and I think I'm going to choose Versailles.
Anywho... I went to class from 8:00am until 10:50 and I've been free since then. When we were wandering out of class another girl and I decided to wander up to the church to see what we could see so I have more pictures to show all of you!

Enjoy!
- E


En Classe (In Class)


La vue depuis la salle de classe (The view from the classroom)


Random sink in our classroom


AULA, L'I.FLE, et La Faculte (The building where the classrooms are)


Sign
(translation: Adventist Theology & French as a foreign language institute)


Bienvenue! (Welcome)


Moi avant du Central (Me in front of the Ad building)


Le Central et le Saleve (The Ad Building and the Seleve)


L'Ecole Primiere (The Primary School)


L'Eglise (The Church)


Le Saleve (The Saleve - it's the name of the mountain in case you're confused)


Dans L'Eglise (Inside the Church)


Genève à partir de Le Central (Geneva from the ad building)


Un Fontaine à l'extérieur du Central (A fountain outside the ad building)


La Pelouse (Lawn)


They went that'ta way!


                   Finally! I fould a map!





1 comment:

  1. :D Aww! Like I said, I feel so homesick now! You have Perrine teaching all your classes? Wow. She's pretty awesome. :) Her oral classes are the best, though. You'll have to go back and read your French titles for the pictures after your semester is over. :) It'll make you chuckle. ;)

    ReplyDelete