Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A World Traveller?

Hello All!
It's been a terribly long time since I've updated this here blog. Let me fill you in on what's been going on...

I had a terrific time this summer working at Timber Ridge Camp in Indiana - one of my favorite places to be. I may talk about that later... or I may not - who knows.

As of right now, I am living in France. Collonges-sous-Saleve, France to be exact. I am attending Le Saleve Adventist University here. Since I am a French minor in College I came to France in order to properly learn French. I arrived here on monday morning and went shopping in Geneva, Switzerland in the afternoon. Tuesday I took a test in the morning to determine what class level I would be in and then we had orientation and a get-to-know each other session in the afternoon. It's really beautiful here. We're on the side of Le Saleve - a mountain on the border of France and Switzerland - and we can look down over Geneva. This morning when I went to registration the sun was up but we were still in the shadow of the mountain so Geneva was in sunlight but we were in shadow. It was spectacular to see.

Since pictures are worth a thousand words and I'm not good at telling stories I'm gonna post pictures now..

Leaving Chicago


Geneva


Le Saleve (and the apartments)


Ad Building


Geneva


Le Saleve


The Caf


Girl's Dorm


The Lobby on my floor in the dorm.


Geneva from my dorm room window.




ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. OH MY WORD!!!! the dorm looks AMAZING!!! and the mountains!!!!! oh my!!!!! how is it? what class did you get into? I miss you! HAVE FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erica this is wonderful! I can't wait to be there. But most of all I can't wait for you to come back so we can be together!!! :)

    ReplyDelete