I've just returned from my very first Assembly at Helderberg College. Unfortunately they decided that they must introduce me in front of everyone. They introduced me as the new AVS worker from the USA. As I left the auditorium to come back to my office, some of the boys decided to sing the American National Anthem as I walked by - I just grinned and kept walking. After they introduced me and got through with all their announcements, the president offered an encouraging message for the students here who are nearing their final exams. School here runs from the end of January through the middle of November so the students are all preparing for final exams which begin on November 13. Dr. Shongwe offered an encouraging thought based on the habits of Eagles. Instead of being afraid of storms and hiding from them Eagles use the winds of the storm to lift them higher and higher until they are soaring above the storms. In the same way, we shouuld use the storms of life to lift us higher. We should not be afraid, but instead, with a spirit of perserverence, we should rise above the storm and let it make us stronger.
Hope you're all enjoying this first day of October!
-E
Hope you're all enjoying this first day of October!
-E
No comments:
Post a Comment